Skip to main content

Keto- Aldi Edition



Come to Aldi with me! 

No, really let’s be shopping buddies.


No one quite does low prices and quality foods like my beloved Aldi (I have grocery bags from the 90’s, y’all- talk about sustainability!)


Now that I’m on the Keto train again, I wanted to share my favorite little buddies that keep my tummy happy, my family annoyed at how much I talk about carbs, and my wallet heavy!


Here’s the only math equation I’m good at:

Total carbs - Fiber = Net carbs

I try to eat around 26g of carbs a day. 

If something has a serving size of more than about 5g net carbs, I’m Audi 5000.

Ok, let’s goooooo!


Parmesan Crisps.  Yep.  That’s it.  I pair them with macadamia nuts for a snacky, fat bomb treat.


Net Carbs- 1g

(0g fiber)










Nuts on nuts on nuts.

Satisfies a crunch and pack a healthy fat punch.


Southern Grove Wasabi Soy and Hickory Almonds

Taste exactly like the name brand ones 👀

Net Carbs-2g / 3g

(5g fiber)






Simply Nature Raw Cashews, Walnuts & Macadamia Nuts

Net Carbs- 4g

(2g fiber)











Southern Grove Macadamia Nuts

You really can’t beat that price!


Net Carbs- 4g

(2g fiber)












Now, I haven’t tried these cookies (not really my style) but you do you!

Keto Friendly Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate  Cookies 

Net Carbs- 6g

(2g fiber)












Sometimes you just want bread. It’s texture is strange, so  toast this up good and add some avocado, egg, Everything but the Bagel Seasoning and your craving will be crushed! 

Keto Friendly Multiseed Bread

Net Carbs- 0g

(9g fiber)














Low Carb Tortillas make this whole keto process start smoothly for me.  I don’t get them much anymore but it’s so nice to have something easy for lunch when you’re beginning.

Fit &Active Low Carb Tortillas

Net Carbs- 4g

(7g fiber)













Ok, pork rinds are not my jam to just eat straight from the bag, but these make an awesome crunchy crust on something like homemade chicken strips! Texture is your friend and these hit the mark.

Clancy’s Original Pork Rinds

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)














Such a good side dish. Yas Queen.

Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms

Net Carbs- 2g

(1g fiber)














Veggies can be sneaky carb monsters, so these are some goodies for Keto

Little Salad Bar Classic Coleslaw

I mix this with sliced almonds and a chipotle Mayo I found at a fancy French store, I believe it’s pronounced Tar-jay.  It makes a good side for a bbq!

Net Carbs- 3g

(2g fiber)






Spinach and Brussels and Squash, oh my!

Summer Squash
3g net carbs/ 2g fiber


Spinach

1g net carbs/ 2g fiber

















Peppers 🫑 

Mini Sweet Peppers- 4g net carbs/ 2g fiber


Jalapeño

4g net carbs/ 2g fiber








Mini Bagged Avocado

One of my favorite Aldi buys!

Net Carbs- 2g

(10g fiber)












Pickles!  These are a delight and so dang easy for snack time.

Oh Snap Dilly Bites

Net Carbs- 2g

(0g fiber)
















Pickles sassy cousin, Olives! Your Keto Charcuterie board is calling.

Specially Selected Stuffed Olives (blue cheese, jalapeño, garlic)

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)












Let’s move to liquids/drinks 🍹 

Summer’s coming- it’s almost KETO PINK PUNCH time!  I’ll post a recipe, you pick up this.....

Califa Farms Toasted Coconut Almondmilk Blend

Net Carbs- 0g

(1g fiber)












Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream 

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)

I keep this on hand for a fat bomb mousse 🤤









Starbucks Unsweetened Iced Coffee 

Net Carbs- 3g

(0g fiber)


BuT aLdI dOeSn’T hAvE nAmEbRaNdS.....







Gay Lea Coconut Whipped Topping 

Net Carbs- 2g

(0g fiber)


No judgement what you do with this 👀











It’s like grass fed buttah!  Aldi has its own version of Kerrygold.  Because they’re awesome.


Pure Irish Butter, Salted, Unsalted or Spreadable


Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)



























Meat 4 Dayz.















Ok, we have to start with the Keto King, Bacon.  This one is uncured and no sugar added, hooray! 

Never Any!  Uncured Bacon (Hickory Smoked)

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)













This ground beef is the bomb.com. Thank you grass fed cows.

Simply Mature Grass Fed Ground Beef


Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)













YES. YESYESYESYES YAAAAAS QUEEN.  If you get nothing else in this list, get the fresh, Atlantic Salmon.  Trust moi.

Atlantic Salmon

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)















Add this naughty salami with your sassy Olive Char-cute-erie board.

Simms Hard Salami


Net Carbs- 1g

(0g fiber)














Simply Nature Original Beef Jerky

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)














This sausage is so good with zoodles or spaghetti squash and homemade Alfredo or Rao’s marinara.

Simply Nature Chicken Sausage- Spinach

Net Carbs- 1g

(0g fiber)













Easy lunch!  Fully cooked and delish.

Parkview Cheddar Brats


Net Carbs-
 3g
(0g fiber)













Northern Catch Tuna Pack

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)















Don’t forget about the baking aisle!

Simply Nature 100% Pure Avocado Oil

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)













The other component to the Heavy Whipping Cream mousse that I mentioned earlier.  The aldi sugar free chocolate version is much more carb-y, so stick to vanilla 😉

Bakers Corner Instant Vanilla SUGAR FREE Pudding

Net Carbs- 5g

(0g fiber)












Baking nuts! I didn’t individually picture these, but they’re great and priced even better.

















Bakers Corner Almond Flour

Net Carbs- 2g

(1g fiber)














There’s also way affordable chia seeds and flax seeds.



These are kind of sticky, but if you are a bar person they get the job done.  (side note- there are other ones labeled “carb conscious”- don’t fall for it! They are still like 12g of Net carbs for ONE.

Elevation Keto Bar

Net Carbs- 4g

(11g fiber)















Not Keto related, but look at that price!  Would ya look at that....gahhh I love Aldi.


















I mean, it’s cauliflower in a bag that you microwave.  Works in a pinch, but I like the frozen kind better 🤷🏼‍♀️

Earthly Grains Cauliflower


Net Carbs- 3g

(2g fiber)














Oh-la-La Croix!  Limoncello (NOT lemon) is the best, I said it.

La Croix Sparkling Water

Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)














Put some shredded cheese in a pan, melt it till crispy and then slather this on top.  Keto nachos!

Homestyle Guacamole 🥑 


Net Carbs- 1g

(1g fiber)














O. em. cheese 🧀


















Aldi hands down has the best selection of cheese.  AFFORDABLE cheese.

Here’s what I picked up this trip, but it varies every time 


Babybel plus Probiotic 


Net Carbs- 0g

(0g fiber)














Aldi version of Folios (which they also carry).  I like these better, you get more and they’re cheaper!

Crystal Farms Cheese Wraps


Net Carbs- 1g

(0g fiber)














Assortment of shreddy’s



















With a name like Gourmet Snacking Cheese, you really can’t go wrong.  Add some spice to your cutie board 🌶 

Emporium Selection Gourmet Snacking Cheese


Net Carbs-<1g

(0g fiber)












Happy Farms Cubes

Net Carbs- <1g

(0g fiber)















Aldi’s frozen food section has really improved the last few years, and this particular bag of veggies is 👩‍🍳💋

Season’s Choice Steamed California Medley

Net Carbs- 3g

(2g fiber)













So good.

Season’s Choice Riced Cauliflower 


Net Carbs-
 2g
(2g fiber)














The ultimate in Keto breakfast sandwiches 

Breakfast Best Original Pork Sausage Patties 

Net Carbs- 2g

(0g fiber)













And I always buy myself a $3.99 bouquet because I deserve it for working hard.  And sometimes I don’t work hard and still buy them because they make me happy.  Just buy yourself the damn flowers! It’s self care, Bebe’s.



 















Ok I bought all this, plus some food for my family (cereal, breakfast foods, bread, snacks) and it was $9.00.


Just kidding, it was like $140.00, but STILL.  Ok bye, I hope you buy all of this and more, let your Aldi Keto Freak Flag fly!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s read together! I read on average about 5 books a month, which will probably slow down now that it’s summer and I don’t have to sit in the school car loop line for hours at a time. In all those books, here’s what I’ve learned about my preferences and what I enjoy most: -historical fiction that makes me bawl my eyes out -romantic comedies that rival a Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan/ Rachel McAdams/ Ryan Gosling mash up of sap, tears, partner matchup improbabilities, and a quirky best friend.    And they’re all stupid attractive (it’s my brain, I can picture them any way I’d like, right?). -gory, horror, absolutely no way the paranormal activity in these books could happen.    Stephen King is my favorite. That doesn’t mean this is all I read, I’m definitely up for new recommendations any time!    Non fiction is a hard sell for me, but I’m open! I also like to picture actors to play the main characters on screen if the book were ever made into a movie. I usually get a good feel for who I think i

On the Hunt: Mascara

I wore DiorShow and DiorShow Blackout for YEARS.     Then they changed the formula....now it seems to never dry and smears on my eyelids throughout the day, so I’m on the hunt for a new fav! I decided to try out 5 mascaras (all in Black or Blackest Black) that I keep seeing everywhere. As a (self proclaimed) mascara expert aficionado, I put them to the test!   I was looking more for volume, but a bit of extra length was a plus too. First up, this one seemed to be a lot of people’s holy grail: Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High ($8.99 Target) Pros for me - Looks natural, lengthens nicely, buildable for more length/volume  Cons for me- Flimsy wand (I like a wand that doesn’t bend, but some people don’t!) Overall - Pretty dang good! 4.5/5 L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise ($8.99 Target) Pros for me - Sturdy, big wand, only needed one coat, grips lashes well  Cons for me - VERY thick, can clump easily Overall- Eh, it’s ok.  A little spidery for me! 3.5/5 L’Oréal Telescopic  ($8.69 Targe